Health & Industrial Safety Division
- Health Physics Section
Providing effective Health Physics services to IGCAR facilities meeting the AERB regulatory requirements
- Operational Health Physics surveillance services at FBTR, KAMINI, CORAL (RPG), MC&MFCG and DFRP
- Invitro & invivo monitoring (Bioassay) services to all active facilities
- Development of CT based waste assay system for Pu estimation in reprocessing waste and NDE related applications
- Radiation Protection Training & Awareness
- Industrial and Fire Safety Section
- Advises & assists the management for fulfilling its obligations, statutory & concerning prevention of personal injuries for maintaining safe work environment.
- To advise on safety aspects in all job studies, and to carry out detailed job safety studies of selected jobs;
- Carry out plant safety inspections and physical hazard surveillance on regular basis.
- Ensure that the personal protective equipments provided to all workers are of good quality & confirming to Indian Standard.
- Accident investigation.
- Organise promotion activities to maintain the interest of the workers in establishing and maintaining safe conditions of work and procedures.
- Occupational Health Section
- Periodic medical examination of department employees
- Physical hazard surveillance of R&D labs
- First-aid training for departmental employees.
- Sanitation measures to contain COVID 19
- Thermal screening of department & contract employees.
- Ensure road safety measures in DAE Complex.
- HP services for FBTR & KAMINI operation
- Special HP services during maintenance of Na leak detector, temperature sensors and Na chock removal in high radiation background areas (B cell)
- Health physics surveillance during gas leaker and clad rupture incidents and HP technical inputs for identification of gas leaker and clad rupture fuel subassemblies
- HP service for PIE of 155 GWd/t of FBTR spent fuel & irradiated advance structural materials for FBR programme
- HP services for CORAL operation & towards DFRP commissioning
- Development Plastic scintillator (dual phosphor) for HP applications
- Development of Pu in air monitor (IGCAR- Technology transfer)
- Development of automatic TLD contamination monitor
- Design & fabrication of Iso-kinetic probe for DFRP stack monitoring system
- Commissioning of HPGe based lung monitor & wound monitor and in house designed standing wholebody monitor
- Safety Education & Training for department and contract employees.
- ndustrial Safety Surveillance of R&D Labs.
- Industrial Safety Surveillance of construction sites.
- Material handling equipment’s inspection &testing
- Inspection & testing of Pressure Vessels
- Fire Safety inspection
- Maintenance of 3050 fire extinguishers of different types.
- Fire emergency exercise.
- Organise apex level safety committee meeting on quarterly basis.
- Implementation of Work permit system through online mode
- Noise, illumination, heat stress are monitored on regular basis in laboratories & construction sites.
- Periodic examination of employees is carried out once in12 months for different categories of workers stipulated by AERB.
- Conducting first-aid training to cover 10% of the employees as per AERB requirement.
- Sanitation measures are carried out in all buildings, transport vehicles and fumigation of room to contain Covid-19 virus.
- Ensure availability of first-aid boxes with materials in all laboratories.
- Ensure availability of road safety equipment’s